This is the AS Photography assessment grid
AS Photography Equipment requirements
You will need a Digital SLR camera (Digital Single Lens Reflex) with a zoom lens (18-55mm or similar).
- Canon EOS 1000D or higher spec if desired.
- Nikon D3100 or higher spec if desired.
Other makes of DSLR are acceptable although students have had problems with Olympus in the past.
Definitely no hybrid / micro system cameras (true DSLRs only).
- Appropriate memory card for your camera (should come with camera).
- Appropriate card reader for your camera.
- Protective case / bag for camera.
- Skylight filter to protect camera lens (correct diameter for your camera).
- Hard drive.
- Close up macro filter set (correct lens diameter for your camera).
- An A3 presentation folder / folio box for storage of final prints.
You will also be expected to spend around £20.00 on final prints during the year.
Optional items: Spare memory card and spare camera battery.
It is vital that you have the camera, skylight filter, camera bag and tripod ready for Monday 19th September.